Prior knowledge will be discussed each day as students arrive to class. This process takes place at the beginning of class and consequently, is an introductory piece to a new lesson or activity. Sometimes it will just be reiteration of past information judging upon the assessments of students.
55 Minute P.E./Health Agenda
- Student Arrival/Bell Work/Attendance/Student Dress out- 10 minutes
- Activities/Classroom Lecture- 35 minutes
- Origin of Flag Football
- Rules and Gameplay of Flag Football
- Participation of the sport of Flag Football.
*This activity portion will be very organized. Students will be required to be aligned in formation awaiting the cadence from line leaders. There will be five lines daily with a line leader in front of each line. Each line leader will lead a stretch and an exercise. This will be done daily before students compete in that day's activities.
- Feet Parallel(Hamstring)
- Right Over Left(Hamstring/Right Hip)
- Left Over Right(Hamstring/Left Hip)
- Feet On Floor Spread Apart(Hamstring/Groin)
- Saigon Squats(Groin)
- Push ups
- Sit ups
- Air Squats
- "Running in Place"
- "Jumping Jacks"
- Student Dress up- 10 minutes
- The HEALTH BELL RINGER will address a variety of skills- including defining words, reading information, and applying and performing various skills. Students will review the health triangle every day.
Monday Bell Ringer:
1. Health Word of Day (HWOD)- FITT- Fitness, Intensity, Time, Type of Activity.
2. Question of the Day(HQOD)- How many yards must an offense obtain before receiving a 1st down?(if there has been no penalties)
Exit slips are the most common, most productive way for closure, I've experienced. Students will be asked 2-5 questions about the class day's lectures and upon surveying how students have answered those questions will tell the instructor what the students have learned and what needs to be reiterated to the class before moving on to new lessons.